Tricycles have come a long way since the day of my Big Wheel! These days the coolest way to get around on 3 wheels is via the use of an electric motor.
This list comprises electric trikes that are suitable for kids from 2-16 years old. Some go very slow and some are intended for drifting and spinning. There’s a lot of variety in these trikes and certainly something here for any kid!
|Razor Power Rider 360 Electric Tricycle||Buy Now|
|3 Wheel Chopper Trike Motorcycle for Kids, Battery Powered Ride On Toy by Lil' Rider - Ride on Toys for Boys and Girls, Toddler and Up - Black||Buy Now|
|Razor Drift Rider - Red/Black||Buy Now|
|BLITZART APEX Electric Drifting Trike Ride On Car Powered Tricycle Scooter for Kids (Green)||Buy Now|
|DOCYKE Creatively Rides 10 in 1 Racing Kit Electric Go Kart Trike Bike Scooter with 400W Brushless Motor and 21V 4Ah Lithium-ion Battery||Buy Now|
|Lil' Rider Ride-On Toy Trike Motorcycle - Battery Operated Electric Tricycle for Toddlers with Built-in Sound, Lights & MP3 Input (Red)||Buy Now|
Razor Power Rider 360 Electric Tricycle
- Recommended for ages 8 and up
- Can reach speeds up to 9 mph
- Push button throttle
- Runs for up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Braking system is on the front wheel and controlled by a hand brake
- Can hold a rider up to 120 lbs
Razor is very well-known for their electric scooters, and they’ve brought that user-friendly approach to this electric tricycle. Adventurous kids can even drift with this trike with enough skill. This Razor tricycle is strong enough to put up with a lot of heavy use. This is a great birthday or Christmas gift for the kid that loves to move!
3 Wheel Chopper Trike Motorcycle for Kids
- Suitable for children from 2-4 years old
- Weight capacity of 50 lbs
- Very slow riding speed (under 2 mph)
- Battery can be fully charged 300 times
- Lights do come on
- Currently priced under $125 on Amazon
If your toddler loves motorcycles, then check out this motorized electric “Chopper-style” trike! With flashing lights and buttons for specialized sounds, your little one will love feeling like a truly motorcycle rider. Parents will love just how stable and slow this ride is as well.
Razor Drift Rider
- Recommended for kids ages 9 and up
- The 3-D steering mechanism allows for a unique spinning/drifting experience
- Max speed is 9 mph
- Can be ridden for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Hand-operated brakes
- Can hold a rider up to 143 lbs
Is the act of riding a standard electric vehicle just too boring for your adventurous kid? Check out this unique Razor electric tricycle with its 3D steering mechanism! Drifting, spinning, your child will have hours of enjoyment on this fun and exciting electric trike.
BLITZART APEX Electric Drifting Trike Ride
- Recommended for kids 6 and older
- Top speed of 10 mph
- Can be ridden up to 60 minutes of continuous use
- Can hold a rider up to 160 lbs
- Hand-operated brake
- Steel construction
This very flashy electric tricycle is for those kids that tend to be harder on things than the average kid. Built sturdier than most tricycles with a welded steel frame, this Blitzart vehicle is designed for that super aggressive-riding kid that wants to spin and drift all day long.
DOCYKE Creatively Rides 10 in 1 Racing Kit Electric Go Kart Trike Bike
- Recommended for kids 6-16 years old
- Fully modular kit which allows you to engineer a change from a trike to a bike to a go kart…it goes on and on (pic below)
- Max speed up to 5 mph
- Driving range is 5-8 miles
I’m including another picture below to show all the different configurations. This is a great gift for the engineering-loving child who can change this kit out to whatever they want multiple times over. The only downside is that it can be difficult to assemble for someone not very technically-oriented.
Lil’ Rider Ride-On Toy Trike
- Recommended for children ages 2-5 years old
- The only electric trike on this list that is recommended for indoor as well as outdoor use
- Max speed 2.6 mph
- Working headlights and built-in sound effects
- Has a MP3 jack on the trike
This is another toddler-focused electric trike that will be a lot of fun for your youngster. I like the fact that the design is such that indoor usage is encouraged. That helps those parents on poor weather days help entertain their little one for hours on end. Mp3 player plugin? Unlimited entertainment!
There are some electric trikes on this list that are clearly intended for very young children with very slow speeds and few added features. The other group of electric trikes is for the adventurous fun-loving kid who wants to test out drifting and spinning.
Decide for yourself which electric trike is right for your child, but know that these vehicles are going to be loads of fun for any kid.