Boosted, an innovative “vehicle” company, has been known for their awesome electric skateboards for a while now.
In their own words “At Boosted, we build vehicles, not toys.”
Meet their newest vehicular creation, the Boosted Rev! Their first electric scooter is being released in July and it is a beauty!
- Top Speed Is Up To 25 mph
- Range is up to 22 miles
- Can climb hills up to a 25% grade
- 1,500 watts of power (dual 750W front and back motors)
- 9″ pneumatic tires
- Weight limit is 250 lbs (113 kg)
- Charge time of 3 hours
- 12 month warranty
- Digital display shows speed, battery level, and ride modes
- 3 Ride modes for different skill levels (12, 18, and 24 mph speed limits)
- 3 Brake system: regenerative electve, mechanical disc, and a rear fender brakes
- Dimensions: 44″L x 44.8″ H
- Folded Dimensions: 44″L x 24″W x 20″H
- Weight of Scooter: 46 lbs
- Comes with front headlight and a rear brake light
- Can be hooked up to an app for either Android or IOS
The Boosted Rev is a massive step up from a conventional rental electric scooter. It’s built for power and stability while still giving jaw-dropping acceleration.
Consider this…you can go from 0-20 mph in 4.1 seconds!
Boosted designed this scooter with stability and rider safety in mind. Wider tires and a wider base than most electric scooters will make the rider feel more stable on any surface.
The steering tube is raked (angled) back towards the rider to provide a more natural, athletic way to steer and ride. The handlebars are also offset to enable a more comfortable riding experience.
The Boosted Rev boasts 3 separate braking systems which, I believe, is the most of any other electric scooter on the market.
There’s a mechanical disc brake, a regenerative braking system, and a rear fender brake all designed to stop you when you need to be stopped. Remember that because of the stability of the scooter and the lower center of gravity that you’ll have because of the design, you’re less likely to be tossed over the handlebars like Shroud was when he shattered his elbow.
Whether you utilize IOS or Android, your phone can be linked to this electric scooter to show you miles ridden, other ride data, dim the lights, and install software updates.
What I Like:
- Ergonomics of the steering tube and handlebars will make this a very comfortable commuter bike
- Fast charging time
- Triple braking system
What I Don’t Like:
- Price tag: Currently $1,599 with financing options
Boosted makes quality commuter vehicles and this Boosted Rev scooter is no exception. If you can afford the price tag, this is a fantastic long-term option for a commuter electric scooter.