Electric Scooters are a fantastic option for anyone looking for a way to get themselves around town or campus. Smaller, easier, and cooler than a bicycle, an electric scooter is quickly becoming commonplace in many communities.
When it comes to purchasing your first electric scooter, you need to really think about why you need one. Do you want to just have fun? Do you need something that’s powerful and durable enough to last years?
There are so many more choices now in the electric scooter market than just a few years ago. If you desire speed, the fastest scooters are capable of 45 mph. If you want power, there’s a 2000 watt electric scooter on this list.
Check out this amazing list of the 8 BEST Adult Electric Scooters on the road today!!
|Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter with Li-Ion Battery, Black||Buy Now|
|MEGAWHEELS S5 Electric Scooter - Up to 13 Miles Range and 15.5 MPH - Portable and Lightweight Folding Commuter E-Scooter for Adults||Buy Now|
|Macwheel Electric Scooter, Powerful 350W Motor, 18.6 Miles Long-Range Battery, Up to 15.6 MPH, 8.5" Non-Pneumatic Inner Foamed Rubber Tires, Portable Folding Design Commuting Motorized Scooter (MX1)||Buy Now|
|UberScoot 1600w 48v Electric Scooter||Buy Now|
|TOMOLOO L1 Electric Scooter with Foldable Design, 18.6 Miles Long-Range, Up to 15.5 MPH, Portable and Foldable E-Scooter with 8.5“ Air Filled Tires, Cruise Control, Headlight, Includes Speedometer||Buy Now|
|NANROBOT D4+ 10" 2000W Motor Powerful Adult Electric Scooter Lightweight Foldable 45 Miles Long Range Speed 40 MPH (D4+ Electric Scooter)||Buy Now|
|GOTRAX GXL Commuting Electric Scooter - 8.5" Air Filled Tires - 15.5MPH & 9-12 Mile Range - Version 2 (V2)||Buy Now|
|Segway Ninebot KickScooter ES2 Pro Electric Kick Scooter for Adults & Kids - Mobility Folding e-Scooter Upgraded Motor Power (Dark Grey)||Buy Now|
Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter
- Max speed 15 mph
- Riding range up to 15 miles per charge
- Folding scooter making for easier transport into your home or work
- Honeycomb tires will not suffer a flat ever
- Electronic anti-lock maintenance-free rear brake
- Charger and pedestrian bell included
- Charge time of 3.5 hours
- Weighs 28 lbs
- Constructed of aircraft-grade aluminum
- Handlebar-mounted battery indicator
This is Amazon’s choice for electric scooters for many reasons. It’s not the flashiest scooter, but it is one of the best constructed and easiest to ride. It’s incredibly easy to fold with a one-touch foot control.
With water-resistant hand controls, this Glion Dolly scooter is incredibly easy for even the greenest rider to master. Your right hand controls the accelerator with a twist grip. Your left hand controls braking the same way.
If you’re worried about which scooter to get, selecting this Glion Dolly model should be the one for you. Trust the hundreds of positive reviews on Amazon and the thousands that are currently on city streets across the country.
XPRIT 8″ Electric Scooter
- Max speed is 13.6 mph
- Riding range up to 13.6 miles on one charge
- Charging time of 2-3 hours
- Easily foldable with 3 steps
- Comes with a very bright LED headlight
- Max rider weight of 264 lbs
- Double suspension in the front
This Xpirit electric scooter offers many of the standard features of most electric scooters at a fraction of the cost. Moreover, the addition of a double front suspension system makes for a very comfortable ride.
This would be a fantastic option for a college student where budget is a big concern. This scooter will get you everywhere you need to go and then some.
MEGAWHEELS S5 Electric Scooter
- Max speed is 15.5 mph (does come with a second speed gear up to 11 mph)
- Riding range up to 13 miles
- Charging time of 3-4 hours
- Frame is made of aircraft-grade aluminum
- Weight capacity of 260 lbs
- Scooter weighs 26.5 lbs
- Comes with a headlight, rear light, rear reflector, and pedestrian bell
This Megawheels scooter was built with an extra level of safety in mind. For those that will need to ride some at night, the extra reflectors as well as the bright LED headlight and tail light is appreciated.
Macwheel MX1 Electric Scooter
- Max speed 15.6 mph
- Riding range up to 18.6 miles
- Charge time of 4 hours
- Double braking system
- 3 second folding system
- Can climb inclines up to 14 degrees
- Power button controls on the handlebar
- Digital speed and battery life indicator on the handlebar
The MX1 is a very easy to control electric scooter with the added benefit of a double braking system. Considering its ability to power riders up hills, having that extra braking power coming down the same hills is needed and appreciated.
This electric scooter is a perfect choice for the budget-conscious commuter wishing for a powerful, yet affordable choice in personal transport.
UberScoot 1600w Electric Scooter
- Max speed 30 mph
- Riding range up to 12 miles
- Charge time of 6-8 hours
- Scooter weighs 117 lbs
- Does come with a seat
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Tires are 11″ and knobby for off-road use
- Weight capacity of 265 lbs
This beast of a electric scooter is meant for someone looking to get the absolute most out of an electric scooter. The only off-road capable electric scooter on this list, the Uberscoot will get you literally anywhere you want to go and quick.
For anyone wishing to get one of the best, most powerful electric scooters currently on the market, the Uberscoot is for you!
Tomoloo L1 Adult Electric Scooter
- 500 Watts of power
- Top speed is 15 mph (25 kph)
- Maximum distance on one charge is 15 miles (25 km)
- Capable of pulling scooter and rider up to a maximum incline of 14%
- Can hold a rider up to 220 lbs (100 kg)
- Height range of rider: 4′ – 6.5′ (120 – 200 cms)
- Weighs 28 lbs so not too heavy to carry up a flight of stairs
- Folds up into space of 47″ x 21″ x 19″
- Fully charged in 4-6 hours
I love this particular electric scooter so much I actually wrote a thorough review about it. Check out that Tomoloo L1 Review.
I love the stylish look, the overall specs, and the versatility that makes it a great choice for just about anyone. While there are other electric scooters on the market that I love now as well, the Tomoloo L1 will hold a special place in my scooter-loving heart.
NANROBOT D4+ High Speed Electric Scooter
- Max speed 40 mph
- Riding range up to 45 miles
- Front and rear braking systems
- Dual 1000 watt motors
- Easy foldability
- 6 shock absorbers
This NanRobot D4+ electric scooter is another one of the higher-end electric scooters that is capable of just about any commute. The dual 1000 watt motors individual control the front and rear wheel providing a smoother acceleration.
The dual braking system also provides for a greater control when stopping, especially when the rider needs to do it emergency quick. That’s necessary when you have a scooter that’s as fast as this one.
GOTRAX GXL Commuting Electric Scooter-Version 2
- Max speed 15.5 mph
- Riding range up to 12 miles
- Weight capacity of 220 lbs
- Charge the battery in 4 hours
- Cruise control
- Easily foldable and locks for easy storage
- 8.5″ pneumatic tires
We have a more in-depth review of this particular electric scooter here. In our review, we felt that this particular commuter scooter is an ideal choice for the budget-conscious scooter rider.
Segway Ninebot Electric KickScooter
- Max speed 19 mph
- Riding range up to 28 miles
- Weight capacity of 220 lbs
- Award-winning design
- Anti-slip handle
- Front and rear shock absorbers
- Digital display on the handlebar shows battery life and current speed
- Double braking system
- When folded, the front wheel remains unlocked so the scooter can be wheeled like luggage.
This is Segway’s entry into the high-performance electric scooter market. An outstanding, beautiful scooter design with impressive power, this scooter is pushing the limits of what scooters can do.
The braking system is touted as one of the best on the market with the ability to stop a scooter going 12.4 mph in 13 feet. That’s very important for the urban or campus rider who needs to be mindful of traffic.
Are you looking for additional scooter choices? Consider a seated scooter!
Check out our reviews of the Best Seated Electric Scooters in 2019!